Kensington Gardens



Saturday, June 21

Once we left the Orangery we wandered among Kensington Gardens toward the massive monument that Queen Victoria erected in memory of her husband Prince Albert. It is certainly the largest monument I’ve ever seen. It’s situated directly across from Royal Albert Hall. The instant I saw the hall I squealed in happiness – “That’s Royal Albert Hall! From The Man Who Knew Too Much!” I may be a little in love with Hitchcock.





We sat on the monument steps and rested our sore feet. We tried to have a cherry pit spitting contest with my Portobello cherries and . . . I was not the winner, let’s put it that way. Megan achieved truly impressive distance while my first attempt only rolled a bit because it bounced off my sandal. My second try didn’t even manage that. I would be distressed that I am obviously no good at spitting, but that’s not exactly a bad thing, is it?


1 comments:

Unknown said...

On Saturday, July 5, Brian Krause claimed his seventh championship at the International Cherry Pit Spitting Championship in Eau Claire, Michigan, as reported in the Detroit Free Press on July 6. His winning spit was 56 feet, 7 1/2 inches. Brian also holds the Guinness World Record for spitting a pit 93 feet, 6 1/2 inches in 2003. The women's champion, Amanda Jennings of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, retained her title with a spit of 43 feet, 11 inches. I think you girls need more practice.