Crossword!

Saturday, June 7

I tried to do the London Paper crossword this morning and failed utterly. Out of 30 clues across and down I got exactly two: Jennifer Ehle who was Elizabeth Bennet in the 1995 BBC Pride and Prejudice, which they just showed on PBS last February and which any major P&P fan (such as myself) should know, and the gila monster of the US and Mexico. So yes: the two I got were an actress and an American lizard. Heh. Could my Americanness be any more apparent? All the rest of the clues were exclusively on British actors, authors, singers and soccer players that are completely unknown to me. Now I feel like I don’t know anything about this country.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is more than I usually get. Was it on the Metro? I usually do the Sodku but I have never finished a puzzle in the London Lite but I always finish all three in the London Paper. Go figure...

Karen said...

I think it was the London Paper. I love Sudoku as well but I adore a good crossword. I smuggled over 4 Boston Globe crosswords with me to satisfy my puzzle cravings.

Megan said...

You are a nerd but I love you for it. Please start adding pictures soon. I need colourful things to look at.