Mmmm



Thursday, June 24th

I had to research an endless array of food blogs for work (to find a good person to interview for the Food & Drink section of one of the magazines) so I am following their lead in documenting fantastic things I eat.

I treated myself to Greek yogurt and the cherries I got at Portobello Market tonight. It was delicious. I searched all over Sainsbury’s in vain for sweetened or vanilla yogurt; I feel like England must produce vanilla yogurt somewhere but I am apparently incapable of finding it. (This is true for an endless list of products.) The only options seemed to be “natural” or “natural organic.” I . . . do not know how those are different. The “natural Greek yogurt” option was the cheapest at only £1.05, so that’s what I got. I was hoping the yogurt would be sweet, but alas, it was rather sour. Luckily Mirto offered some of her Greek honey – bought on an island off Greece – as a sweetener.

The yogurt itself is quite thick, almost the consistency of sour cream. I passed over the lite version and mine has 11% fat. Heh, I don’t skimp. Mixed with several spoonfuls of honey and a handful of cherries, it was a fantastically rich dessert.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Your breakfast looks really yummy.

Unknown said...

I thought reading blogs was for fun, now they call it work too? Nice!

Carolyn said...

Wait.. you're eating fantastic things? I thought you were in England!

Karen said...

Ha, I know! Remember this dish utilizes GREEK yogurt & honey with fresh cherries. Traditional English food is...not nearly so appetizing, I think.