The Mousetrap



Tuesday, July 1st

I met up with Megan and another acquaintance to see Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap at St. Martin’s Theatre, near Covent Garden. It’s been playing non-stop since 1952; at 56 years straight it is London’s longest-running play.

And with good reason: the action is quick, the mystery gripping, and the dialogue clever. I had never heard the story of The Mousetrap and I was really glad I hadn’t; it made the play wonderfully suspenseful and exciting. During the intermission we furiously debated who the murderer could be, going through rounds of “I totally think it’s him,” “It seems like it could be him, so it can’t,” and “Maybe it’s been her all along.” And then the twist ending took us all by surprise anyway!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yay now you are only two weeks behind!

Karen said...

Haha, I know. I am always so far behind. In all fairness I actually had these ready to go last week but there was no internet. So frustrating. Just a couple more entries and I'll be all caught up, though!